Get to know about Cisco Nexus 5600 Switches Features, Benefits & More #NB Tech A16
Cisco Nexus 5600 switches are the third generation of Nexus 5000 series switches and have energy efficient, agile and quite a flexible design which supports large-scale cloud deployments as well as quite a broad range of traditional data.
5600 Nexus switches provide Virtual Extensible LAN technology, low latency and a broad connectivity support. These extra capabilities make Cisco Nexus 5600 series switches ideal for the End of the Rack as well as Top of the Rack access.
Recommended Read: All you need to know about Cisco Nexus 3000 Series Switches
Features and Benefits of Cisco Nexus 5600
Cisco 5600 series switches have numerous benefits and features which make it stand out from other devices. Below we are listing the features of the Nexus 5600 switches, have a look –
- Architectural flexibility
These switches easily meet the varying needs of customers with its deployment flexibility feature –
- Cisco 5600 series provides broad connectivity support which includes 100 Gigabit Ethernet, 40 Gigabit Ethernet, 10 Gigabit Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, Fibre Channel over Ethernet and native Fibre Channel.
- These switches support Cisco Fabric path for a scalable Layer 2 Network.
- For providing simplified, virtualized as well as cloud deployments, these switches supports DFA i.e. Dynamic Fabric Automation.
These switches completely meet the scaling requirements of virtualized as well as cloud deployments.
- Up to 2304 ports are supported by Cisco 5600 switches in just a single management domain with the help of Cisco Fabric Extender architecture.
- For the purpose of congestion management, larger Buffers are supported.
- Operational efficiency
Operation are simplified by Cisco 5600 switches in many ways, some of which are listed below –
- Single Point Management is provided by the Fabric Extender architecture of these switches.
- 5600 Switches easily monitor buffering and latency with the help of an advanced analytics toolkit.
In addition to the features and the benefits listed above, there are numerous other features found in the Nexus 5600 switches. Some of them are listed below –
- These switches are perfectly designed. Ports, as well as the power connections, are close to the server ports and placed at the rear end which helps to keep the length of the cable short.
- These switches support latency of approx. 1 micro-second for any size of the packet.
- These switches make an efficient power use as well as help the data centers to operate within their space, cooling parameters and power.
- ERSPAN, as well as SPAN, can be utilized for robust monitoring of traffic and troubleshooting.
Different Models of Cisco Nexus 5600 series switches
Different models of Cisco Nexus 5600 series switches are available in the market such as Cisco Nexus 5672UP – 16 G, Cisco Nexus 5696Q switches, Cisco Nexus 5624Q Switch etc. Below listed are the different models of 5600 series switches along with their unique feature.
Cisco Nexus 5672UP – 16 G
Cisco nexus 5672UP – 16 G switch provides 48 SPF+ ports and 6 QSFP + ports. This model of Cisco Nexus 5600 series switches comes with few of the special benefits. Some of the major attraction of the Cisco Nexus 5672UP – 16 G switches are listed below –
- ToR Layer 2 as well as Layer 3 switching
- 10 Gigabit Ethernet and 40 Gigabit Ethernet
- 16 Gigabit Fibre Channel along with Unified ports
Cisco Nexus 5696Q Switch
Every model of Cisco 5600 series has few of the unique features which make them a standalone from other models. Some of the unique features of Cisco Nexus 5696Q switches are listed below –
- High density
- Layer 2 as well as Layer 3 switching
- VXLAN support with 10, 40 and 100GE ports
- Advanced analytics toolkit with buffer monitoring and latency
Cisco Nexus 5648Q Switch
This model of Cisco 5600 series switches is a 2 Rack Unit switch which supports the switching capacity of 3.84Tbps. Cisco Nexus 5648Q Switch offers high performance, investment protection and a lot more. Few of the unique features of this module are listed below –
- Flexibility of cloud, virtualized and traditional environment
- 24 – port 40 Gigabit Ethernet switch or 96 port, 10 Gigabit Ethernet switch which includes 2 expansion slots.
Cisco Nexus 5624Q Switch
This switch is 1 Rack Unit switch which supports the switching capacity of 1.92Tbps. Features of Cisco Nexus 5624Q Switch are listed below –
- Cisco Nexus 5624Q Switch is optimized for medium to high – density FEX aggregation.
- High – performance 10 and 40 GbE server access.
- Converged FCoE (Fibre Channel over Ethernet) deployments
Cisco Nexus 5672UP Switch
Cisco Nexus 5672UP Switch is a 10 as well as 40 GbE switch. For 10 GbE ports, the switch offers wire-speed performance up to 72. In addition to this, there are various other features of 5672UP Switch which are listed below
- Up to 48, 10 Gigabit Ethernet as well as six true 40 Gigabit Ethernet QSFP ports.
- These are Layer 2 and Layer 3 non-blocking 10 and 40 GbE.
- Offers buffers as well as large table sizes with the latency of 1 u sec.
- Offers programmable fabric with VxLAN.
Cisco Nexus 56128P Switch
This model of Cisco Nexus 5600 is a 2 Rack Unit switch which provides the switching capacity of 2.56 Tbs. Few of the unique features of Cisco Nexus 56128P Switch are listed below, have a look –
- Layer 2 and layer 3 switching with two expansion slots and 10 Gigabit Ethernet.
- LAN-SAN convergence and VXLAN Segmentation.
- Supports fan side intake as well as port side intake airflow option.
- Optimized for 10 Cisco Fabric Extender aggregations and 10 GbE Top-of-Rack access.
You may like this: You need to know about Cisco Nexus 1000V switches
If you are interested in Cisco Courses offered by Network Bulls then Contact Us on 1800-313-2545 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Students from outside India can connect with us over +91-8745885377.
- RECOMMENDED POSTS